Everyone’s story starts somewhere. You never were the only one who caused something to happen. My business was not because of me. I had a long chain reaction to get to where I am today.
- I have a business book coming out in 2010.
- I wouldn’t have written my book if I hadn’t done my 12 Biz Tips of Christmas on this blog.
- I wouldn’t have a blog if I didn’t have my business.
- I wouldn’t have started my business if my Pencil Bugs hadn’t been so popular at the craft fair.
- I wouldn’t have had to come up with my own idea if my mom would have let me help her paint her wooden door stoppers for the craft fair.
- She wouldn’t have been doing the door stoppers if grandma didn’t ask her if she wanted to take part in the craft fair.
- Grandma wouldn’t have been in the craft fair if she wouldn’t have been painting watercolor greeting cards.
- Grandma wouldn’t have started watercolor painting if mom hadn’t encouraged her to try something new.
I could go back even farther but you see how this works. When someone asks me how I got started, I usually give them the condensed version and simply say that it all started from a craft that my grandma was doing in North Dakota. Everything has many more steps in the process to get you to where you are today.
As you can see, it was not just my doing to create my business. It was thanks to what many people did. Remember that everything you do will affect someone else. If any one of these pieces to my puzzle were missing, I wouldn’t be doing what I am doing now. You can’t do anything alone and every move you make will fill into someone else’s chain reaction.